[INTERVIEW] The Secret Behind His Friendships. What Junsu and Yoochun Mean to Jaejoong


Kim Jaejoong is cold? Is prickly? Looks as if he doesn’t talk much?

If you thought the above, then it seems well that you forget the Kim Jaejoong that you locked up inside the image of the ice prince without realizing it.

Kim Jaejoong is the Ice Prince? “The Earthiness Hidden Inside the Cold Exterior”

Unlike the impression that he will be prickly, Kim Jaejoong who has an earthy personality boasts relationships unique to him. Not merely the popular Japanese male idol group Winds’s Keita but also one of Japan’s top idols Yamashita Tomohisa have revealed multiple times that they are close friends with Kim Jaejoong to become the talks of the town.

When the topic of Yamashita Tomohisa, who had expressed that he “wishes to release an album with Jaejoong” on his visit to Korea, Kim Jaejoong smiled widely and replied that “it is just in passing, he’s always like that,” to show off the intimacy fit for such close friends.

In particular, Kim Jaejoong came back from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam that he visited as one of “Park Jisung’s Friends” having become dramatically close to the soccer player Jung Tese. The two frequently keep up with each other through Twitter and other such mediums and even to this day are maintaining an intimate friendship.

What is the secret behind this storm-like ability to befriend? Kim Jaejoong said: “It’s a bit too much (of a compliment) to say that it is a storm-like ability to befriend. I think it’s just that my looks are such that people find a bit strange/off-putting. When a person with such an exterior approaches one first, I think one becomes comfortable and becomes closer more rapidly. There are many instances in which the other person is surprised by the unexpectedness and therefore talks to me, and so we become close.”

Further, he laughed: “Instead of approaching the other person first, I try to go over and say hello first even if it is difficult. I think if you say hello first there will not be anyone who does not accept that hello. When I talk to people, the others (are kind enough to) say that I am very different from how I look.”


The Meaning of JYJ for Kim Jaejoong. I Live Because of Junsu and Yoochun.

There are two names that make Kim Jaejoong bloom into a smile even more. They are Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun, who are the members of the same team. Kim Jaejoong’s smile/laugher increased every time the name of those two persons were brought forth.

Kim Jaejoong is also listed as a member of FC MEN in which Kim Junsu is active in full blast as captain. However Kim Jaejoong has not stepped onto the ground even once. About this, Kim Jaejoong said: “I am participating only by name. For player Yoochun and player Jaejoong, the Captain-nim only puts in the names but does not actually use them.” He thus complained and launched into an attack—“We’re merely methods of promotion.” Immediately he burst into a big laughter.

Kim Jaejoong who laughed for a while finished off affectionately and thus displayed his tenderness for his brother—“but Junsu, I love you.”

Kim Jaejoong who is the eldest of the three JYJ members. However, just as much as the two younger brothers depend on him, Jaejoong also depends on them. At the time that I did this interview with Kim Jaejoong, JYJ’s appearance in the Jeju New 7 Wonders Special Broadcast had been cancelled abruptly and thus they were suffering in their hearts.

I asked Kim Jaejoong about the driving force that lifts him up when he finds it hard, when he is fatigued, when he wishes to give up. Then immediately I was given the names of the members.

“Indeed, it is the members. If I were walking this road alone I think it would be too difficult. This is a road on which I can travel because there are Junsu and Yoochun. The difficulties are shared by the three and the harvests are also equally shared by the three. I want to give meaning to the fact that whatever we do, we do it together—to that fact itself. The same sentiment goes to the fans and the staff.”

To Kim Jaejoong, what meaning does the existence of two members have? To this question Kim Jaejoong was not able to answer easily and contemplated for quite a long time. Kim Jaejoong who tilted his head for a long time answered: “Ah, they are so great, but there isn’t really a way that I can explain what meaning their existence has.” This answer, which parodied an advertisement, turned the set of the interview into a sea of laughter. After the end of the laughter, Kim Jaejoong’s serious answer, like a confession, continued.

“In truth, the two people hold so much meaning for me and so it is difficult for me to explain. I cannot compare them to anything else. In a sense, the two people are like my two arms by my side. If you don’t have even one of the arms you can’t live, you know? Like that, because I have them, I can live.”

His voice, expressing his heart for the two brothers Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun, wavered slightly and it seemed that there was a lump in his throat. But soon Kim Jaejoong continued his discussion of JYJ and the location of the right arm, the left arm, and the torso and regained his cheerfulness.

The name of the drama through which Kim Jaejoong will first step out as an actor is Protect the Boss. Then what is the thing that Kim Jaejoong wishes to protect?

“I want to steadily protect the current relationship that I have with the members. Also, I want to protect preciously the music, stages, and memories that were created since debut until now. And also the fans who (are kind enough to) like us—I want to protect them as much as possible. (laughter)”


source: 03Aug2011 Joynews24
translation credit: JYJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment