[INTERVIEW] Jaejoong Wishes To Not Have Excessive Wants, To Not be Burdensome, To Meld in Anywhere Posted on August 3, 2011 by jyj3


Kim Jaejoong. “Cold City Man? An Earthy Man Like Doenjang.”
I want to become a person who does not burden, who fits in anywhere, without excessive wants.”
Photobucket
Kim Jaejoong will transform into the “Prince of the Financial World” Cha Muwon in the new SBS Wed-Thursdsay drama Protect the Boss.
Kim Jaejoong who needs to show off the acting of a perfect man from his debut onto the drama scene may find it burdensome the “chaebol man craze” (T/N: “chaebol” can be translated into a family who is on the top of the wealth pyramid in Korea) that began with Hyunbin. Furthermore, Park Yoochun who is a member of the same team has showed off the acting of a chaebol male in a recent drama Miss Ripley.
At this, Kim Jaejoong revealed his firm determination: “It is true that it is burdensome. I am putting in much effort in order to portray in Cha Muwon a character who is unique on his own.”
Kim Jaejoong, as his character is a chaebol male, appears in the drama always in a great suit that fits him well. In his previous drama Sunao ni Narenakute also, he was always wearing a suit. But there is a difference that in Sunao ni Narenakute it was a suit that was ruffled and emitted a strong air of an ajusshi.
“Now that we’ve said it, it is quite odd, isn’t it? Whenever I do a drama I come to wear suits. When I was shooting the drama in Japan the role was that of a company man who was a bit of a country-bumpkin and so I could not wear fashionable clothes. But in truth there are other reasons. At the time I worked out so much and so there were no suits that fit me. (laugh)”
If he were really born as a second generation chaebol, what would this 2nd generation chaebol Kim Jaejoong be doing in 2011? Kim Jaejoong burst into laughter: “I think I would have been quite the delinquent.” This is Kim Jaejoong who says that if he were to become a chaebol he wishes to buy a helicopter or a plane. The reason also is simple. He says it’s because right now he cannot by a plane or a helicopter.
Who is Kim Jaejoong whom Kim Jaejoog speaks of? Kim Jaeojong who shows a face that changes by the second, an image that changes by the second, and always attempts to challenge himself at a new work. Such a Kim Jaejoong—what kind of a person does he want to become?
“I am a person like doenjang (T/N: Fermented Korean soybean paste, commonly known as “miso” in its Japanese equivalent). It is used as a medicine, it is also used in food, it is always fine no matter what you put it into, it also does not burden. Just as it has an intense smell, I also have an intense side from time to time. On the contrary, I also have times when I let it simmer for a long time, just like a paste fermented for long. Just as it melts easily in water I also sometimes melt in easily. Just like meju (T/N: doenjang’s previous form), I also stay quiet and hardened from time to time. Just like doenjang inside of its jar—I want to be a person who does not have excessive wants, who does not burden, and who  fits in well wherever you put him in.
SourceJoynews24
Translation CreditJYJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment