[TRANS] Interview of Sylvester Levay with NewsWave in Korea


Interview of Sylvester Levay with NewsWave in Korea
** Mr. Levay is a original composer of Elizabeth and Mozart
Photobucket
This is a forth visit to korea for Mr. Levay, and there’s a special bond with him and this country. Kim Junsu is one of those specials, who played the lead on works of Levay in a row. He took a title role in, and currently casts as ‘Tod’ in.
Mr. Levay raved about the performance of this rising star. “Junsu is at one with the character on the stage.” Then, he talked about their first meeting with a bright face.
“I met Junsu in the opening offor the first time. He was so friendly and such a sweetheart as now. Thankfully, Junsu told me that he was fascinated by my music. Since that day, we’ve got to be friends. I’ve watched the process of his growth as an actor for the last 2 years. Junsu isn’t overawed by a character to be but is assimilated so naturally, and I respect that tremendously. Especially in the case of, there are many similarities between the protagonist and Junsu himself. This point had a strong influence on his heartful performance, I guess.”
For Mr. Levay, ‘Tod’ is a special character. The allegory of Tod as god of death has its long own history. This deep-rooted traditional character was adapted for, and lend a fantastic atmosphere to the play.
Mr. Levay responded to a question about the performance of Junsu as ‘Tod’.
“As you know, ‘Tod’ is utterly different from ‘Mozart’. And I was very impressed with his acting to go into this new character when I saw him in rehearsals. Actually, I changed my departure schedule for watching his first performance. We are like family now and our real families, too.”
And Junsu told that he was a big fan of Mr. Levay, and chose this play unhesitatingly because of the brilliant music.
Credit:NewsWave
Translated by: With Junsu
Shared by: JYJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment