[INTERVIEW] Yoochun’s Interview in “High Cut” in Full

The below is Yoochun’s interview with High Cut. Enjoy! 
Finish the story that you were telling during the photo shoot about the yacht (that you bought a yacht recently!!!).
Since I have been filming on yachts a lot in filmings abroad I thought that I wanted to have one too, and finally I have achieved my dream. Once JYJ’s European Tour is over I plan to go around the southern parts [of the country] with friends on the yacht.
Wow. What are your thoughts on being an owner of a ship?
Erm, at first I felt that ‘I can do things like this on the boat, very fun.’ But now even if I do nothing when I go out to the sea that in itself feels relaxed and comfortable enough.
Even if you don’t say that, I hear that you went sea-fishing for two months in Pusan after Miss Ripley (MBC) finished. You must feel suffocated now that you have come back to Seoul while living as the “nature man Park Yoochun.”
Seoul has such bad air. The weather of the sea is supposed to be slower by two months than that of the land. Until December even if the wind is cold the water is warm. Even now in the afternoon the weather is warm and so it’s very great. Ah, I miss it.
Let’s slowly start to talk about the Actor Park Yoochun. When looking at your previous works, the melodramatic scenes with the opposing female actresses were particularly heated.
Because the opposing actresses were those who had been acting for a while. Also, when filming the melodrama scenes the sunbaes gave me advice and so it helped. When filming parts with lots of skin contact through the night, I also felt that ‘since I’m going to film it anyway let’s do a good job.’
Would the realistic melodrama scenes have a close relationship with real-life relationship experiences.
Nah. In my experiences with relationship I did not have one like Ripley. There was no occasion in which I fell for the lie of a woman. But there is one thing that I envied a lot while acting Song Yoohyun. I have not had a girlfriend after becoming separated from the girlfriend of four years, but isn’t it rare to have an experience in which you give everything and you only see one person in front of you. As I immersed myself into the role I wished that such a love would hurry and come back to me.
The former “girlfriend”—does it by any chance refer to Seol Inja (The snowman girlfriend that Park Yoochun revealed through Twitter)?
Puhaha. I did not know that it’d become that famous. After winning the Best New Actor Award in the KBS Actors Awards last year, I went to a pension that night to play and made a snowman and took a photo and posted. But it became so famous that I was actually embarrassed. We’ve been apart since then.
I think there would be disappointments here and there on Ripley as compared to your debut work Sungkyunkwan Scandal.
I felt disappointed with regards to the acting. The more I acted, the more flaws appeared and they did not become fewer. This was frustrating. In my head I would practice and get my emotions in check thinking ‘this line shall be done this way,’ but when I actually acted it out it was completely different [from what I thought]. But if you look at it another way, such a production that just naturally comes out seems to be acting and such also. It is difficult, acting.
Are there talks about your next work?
I am looking at a variety of things. As for those works that have the script out for the first or second episodes, I am waiting because I want to see the script for the third and the fourth episodes too. Personally I want to do a movie but at the moment I don’t know really. One day I really want to play a psycho-killer. It’s not acting a yakuza because you look like a yakuza. A role that is a true reversal. I think there is a need that I must expand from roles that are noble-like.
Your real brother Park Yoohwan also debuted as an actor. If you had separate advice for him [what are they].
In truth, it is more difficult to meet my brother than the members. (laugh) Personally I evaluate my brother highly on the fact that he is very thorough about maintaining (his physique). As for taking care of his skin, working out, eating right—those things he does well even if no one talks to him about it. I and my mother were surprised. In regular life he never did those things but once he began work he doesn’t show it too much but he does it all. It kind of irritates me. Because I don’t do those things.
Isn’t it that your brother saw you and then realized that ‘I shouldn’t be like that.’
Puhaha! That is it, 100%. Yoohwan had much hardship when he was younger than even me and so in that process he hurt his heart a lot. After the debut, he met a lot of people and so became brighter. Before we brothers never had drinks together. but nowadays Yoohwan calls me first to say ‘hyung, want to have a drink?’ It feels great. He said let’s go have fun together when the Promise of a Thousand Days of SBS is over. I’ll make sure to keep that promise.
It has been 7 years since you debuted already. What is the biggest thing that you gained?
Erm… If I were to be very honest, it is that even though it is not perfect now there is laughter in the house. (My mother) does not worry about living expenses and she buys the dishes she wants—that in itself is satisfying enough. It is not to the degree of a sense of responsibility, but I have found the room to relax to see those around me like family and friends go ahead and do well. My impatience has gone away a lot also.
This is difficult to say, but you began as 5 when you debuted… would there be a possibility that the conflict/discord would be stitched up in the future.
If this was a school instead, it is a problem that could be solved if we just fought kicking and punching and then just got over it. But now there are so many things to think about. Even if we say—let’s do it like this for ourselves only, but would that be 100% of everything. There are so many things to think about and so many things that need adjustments [if they were to fit] and so it has become an issue that cannot be covered/fixed by anyone’s big heart of courage alone. I think that the only way this can be resolved is time. My heart is always the same. I want to contact them and have a drink like before. No matter what result is produced, wouldn’t it perhaps be possible to resolve if time passes.
Photobucket
Source: DC Inside Park Yoochun Gallery, damask 님
Translation CreditJYJ3
Please do not remove, alter, or add to the credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment