[INTERVIEW] 111031 JYJ’s Press Conference and Preview at the “Salon del Manga”

JYJ gave us a big surprise when they announced they would attend the Salon del Manga in Barcelona to give a press conference and a preview of the concert with two songs.
In the press conference, there was a time  to make questions. First of all, when they reached the room, they introduced themselves and gave a short introduction.
Junsu: “Hi, nice to meet you. This is the first time I come to Spain in concert, I thank the spanish journalists who know that tonight we have the concert, I hope everything goes well and we will work hard. “
Jaejoong: “Today is the day of the concert and yet we were able to attend this event and we are very happy about it. You know that after this press conference, we will sing two songs, it will be a short concert, but we like alot the relationship with our fans that attend this event is very important to us. “
Yoochun: “Many thanks for coming. I didn’t knew Korean manga had so much fame in Spain, I have seen many Korean manga posters  that I missed a lot. I am delighted to attend this event, thank you very much. “
Ficomic Director welcomed them with a few words:
“We are honored to have you here, and we know that in  Korea you are a very important group. We hope you have a very successful tour. And to say that this is another way to open the doors to a culture, in this case, Korean. “
Then the attending media started to ask questions, although  not every question were pleasant or welcome.
- Question: I guess it’s because it’s morning, but before when Junsu talked I worried for his voice. And since tonight is the concert in Poble Español outdoors, hopefully it will not rain, and that you enjoy the spanish fans, and I want to know what is going to happen if it rains?. And I also want to say I’m watching Hero Jaejoong’s drama and I want to say him that he looks better with the blue shirt than the black one.
The person chosen to ask this question, unexpectedly to all, was a fan of the group, and made a not very technical question, and after that she took up a sign with the word 사랑해 (I love you), which didn’t cause humor between the attendees and the group.
Jaejoong made a gesture of indignation touching his black shirt that made the audience laugh.
Yoochun: “If it rains, I hope it rains a lot. I prefer it rains alot because it will be more fun because not only we can get wet but also the public, but that worries me. And then after the concert they can take a shower it will be good.
This response was accompanied by many laughs. And then Junsu decided to answer the hint they said about  his strange voice.
Junsu: “My natural voice is like that. When I sing sounds different, but it is like that. “
- Question:  I would like to know how you define your music, how you define Korean pop phenomenon, which you are one of the major groups?
Jaejoong: “Since we are from Korea, you may think that we belong to the genre of K-pop, but the truth is that we try not to belong to a specific genre. We try to show that we have our own color and always reinvent the music. Our challenge is always to invent a new style and new music. “
- Question: I am a professor of Korean culture and Korean cinema at several universities in Spain, and my students come because they know you. I don’t know until wich point you realize that your music and yourself at the end of the day you are representing Korea. I mean, My students are interested first in yourself  and then they end interested in the food, the country and the history of Korea. To what extent are you aware of that? How you carry that responsibility?
Jaejoong: ” I heard that there is alot talk about us, by the foreign press, by the media of other countries, but the truth is  that I did not know how far it reached our fame. So I thank for so much love. This could be related to a comparison: for example, if I had a girlfriend from a country, I probably will be interested in that country, so now I think we must come more to Europe, we have to do better and we should feel more responsible for the European public. I like to come more to Spain and other European countries we have not visited. “
- Question: My question is the subject acting. All three have worked in TV or theater. I wanted to know How do you do to be actors and singers at the same time? And If you see yourself more as actor than singer or singer than actor?  And how you see yourself in a few years? In the world of acting or in the stage?
Junsu: “As he has said (T/N: Jaejoong’s answer to this question), we work as actors, singers, dramas and more.. but I think the bottom line is that we are singers rather than actors, and that we want to be singers.  We never forget that we are singers, we like to work in other genres as well, but more important is to be singers. “
- Question:  You have collaborated with other foreign artists. How you have been  influenced by these activities with foreigners?
Jaejoong: “We did an album with producers such as Kanye West, but let’s say with this album opened a new genre, let’s say that we add a color that we didn’t have. But I think our color hasn’t changed, I can only say that we added a new genre. We always try to have diverse music, so our music has got a new color.  Since this is our first concert in Europe we want to show a new line of music, and this time we collaborated with european dancers, so there will be a new technique, a new show, but in our style. “
- Question: We heard that you have visited many places in Barcelona, Did you like to make a Photobook here?
Junsu: ”It will be a good idea, what happens is that the photos we’ve done this time aren’t professionals. Next time, if we could, it would be good idea to make a Photobook because Barcelona is a very touristic city and we would be delighted. “
And then it came the last question.
- Question: These Concerts you are doing now in Europe, it can be a door that you open to the European market to record levels?
Yoochun: “Frankly, our goal with these shows is to return the love we have received. We’ve done concerts in the U.S. and now we play concerts in Europe. One of our clear objectives can be to have an opportunity to expand to the European market, but the first target of the concerts is to return the love we have received from the public. “
Here ended the press conference an then they moved to another scenario to perform prior to the concert.
Once there, the room began to fill with fans, many of them where there because they didn’t have tickets or couldn’t attend  to the concert.
When JYJ took the stage, the fans erupted in shouts of admiration to them.  As previously announced, they performed two songs, Get Out of the album “In Heaven” and Empty of the album “The Beginning”. The themes were interpreted at “Poliesportiu del Centre”, in “Hospitalet de Llobregat”, along with the dance crew created especially for this European Tour.  This preview was rather short but very intense,  opening the mouth of all attendees. So fans could not wait for the concert to be held that afternoon.
SourceAsian Club Spain
Translation byJYJ3
Please do not add, remove, or alter the credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment