[INTERVIEW] Jaejoong– Happiness on Set; “Please Keep Watching Me… I Will Show Improvement With Each Episode.”


Kim Jaejoong “Heart Flutters at Acting Debut… Will Move Hearts and Give Laughter”
Photobucket
Kim Jaejoong, who as JYJ is receiving great love that transcends Asia to be from all over the world, is debuting as a rookie actor in the domestic scene. That is done through the SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama Protect the Boss that is planned to first air on the 3rd of next month.
Kim Jaejoong stepped out onto acting through the movie Heaven’s Postman, a collaborative project between Korea and Japan of 2009. He appeared with Japan’s top stars Ueno Juri, Eita and such in Sunao Ni Narenakute which was aired in Japan’s Fuji TV to show off a stable acting and received praise.
Further, now Kim Jaejoong is engaging himself in earnest with domestic acting work through Protect the Boss. He has taken the role of Cha Muwon, the “Prince of the Financial World” who has powerful abilities, and plans to show the chic, cold man of the city.
“Until now, I examined carefully the suggestions of movies and dramas, giving them a lot of time. There were some works in which I could not appear because the scheduling or timing were not right. But Protect the Boss has a fun scenario and I thought that the role of Cha Muwon suited me well and so I came to decide on it.”
Protect the Boss, which has received Jaejoong’s choice, is an unprecedented, sweet and thrilling “Tame the Delinquent Chaebol Project” that will unfold as a rookie female secretary meets as her boss a delinquent 2nd generation chaebol. Sohn Junghyun PD of Lovers of Paris and Temptations from an Angel and the writer Kwon Kiyoung who wrote To Become Insane in Love have joined forces.
“The drama is portraying not merely the problems faced by the job seekers but also the hardships endured by the regular people as employees of a corporation. Therefore the message contained in the drama may be a bit heavy. However I believe that inside of that, the drama can form a place of empathy with the viewers and allow them to laugh and be moved at the same time.”
Kim Jaejoong, who was not able to get through a large amount of material because the filming began in earnest only recently, smiled brightly without even realizing when the talk about the atmosphere of the set surfaced and said emphatically: “It is the best.”
“Because my experience in acting is little, all of the sunbaes and sunsang (T/N: teacher) nims do not spare their advice. It is to the degree that Ji Sung hyung-nim calls me to his house separately on days in which there is no filming to practice the script. Saying that the actors who appear in the drama need to become close in order for there to be natural acting on set, there are many opportunities to make friendships. Furthermore, Cha Hwayeon sunsaeng-nim calls me “son” in regular life and takes care of me. Park Youngkyu sunsaeng-nim also takes care of me very well. Nowadays I feel happiness when going to the filming set.”
The drama has been scheduled as the follow-up to City Hunter which is #1 in ratings recently among the Wednesday-Thursday dramas. Would not Jaejoong, who is challenging himself at his first drama, worry already about the ratings?
“I am unable to worry about how the ratings will fare yet. Probably the director and other staff will do so. I for myself plan to concentrate only on the aspects of acting. But probably when the airing begins I will think about the ratings without realizing. When Sungkyunkwan Scandal began, Yoochun who does not even go online very much normally began to examine (ratings) very meticulously. Seeing that, I thought that ‘this is my future.’ (laughter) I hope that it will do well, like City Hunter.”
Kim Jaejoong has received pained moans from the fans upon acting out a kiss scene with Han Hyoju in the movie Postman to Heaven. How will it be if he were to film a kiss scene with an older female in collaborating with Choi Kanghee in this drama?
“The script is not all out yet and so I am not sure as to whether there will be a kiss scene. If it is on the script, of course I must do it. (laughter) Also because Choi Kanghee sunbae and I are a bit apart in age there are many who ask about (how I feel about) older women. In truth, I believethat an age difference is meaningless in a relationship of love.”
He asked sincerely that even though he is Kim Jaejoong who has been active as a singer so far, that on the drama the viewers forget his image on stage and to look at him as the rookie actor Kim Jaejoong.
“The image of myself on top of a stage is likely carved into the minds of the fans quite a lot because I have been active for a long time as a singer. But I hope that when they watch the drama they will look at me as a rookie actor Kim Jaejoong. Even if my acting is very lacking and does not meet your standards, please keep watching me. I will show you an improvement with each episode.”
Photobucket
Photobucket
Source: Money Today
Translation Credit: JYJ3
Shared by: ourJYJ

No comments:

Post a Comment