[News] JYJ Kim Jaejoong. Is He a Perfect Man or a Heodang?

JYJ Kim Jaejoong. Is He a Perfect Man or a Heodang?
JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong is so perfect, to the degree that he writes his own songs and takes charge of the role of the executive director of his concert stages. Despite that, Kim Jaejoong revealed in the press conference for the release of JYJ’s first Korean-language album In Heaven that was held in a café in Jungdong, Seoul, on the 30th of last month: “It is good for one to just dig in one field and to do it for the duration of his life, but I like meddling and also, when there is something that goes a bit awry, I have the inclination to straighten it.

Kim Jaejoong is a singer-songwriter who himself writes the songs of JYJ and also took charge of the executive directing of the concert stage. Furthermore, he received praises with his stable acting on the recently-finished SBS drama Protect the Boss. He explained: “I like to meddle. With that, I came to direct the concert stages.  As for the lyrics, I would fix the parts that I would like and that is how I came to write them. I have desires in those small ways.

Kim Jaejoong also has superb skills in cooking, to the degree that he himself managed to pull off the cooking scene in Protect the Boss. Yoochun stuck out his tongue in amazement: “Jaejoong makes delicious food even when there are not that many ingredients.” As for his main job of singer and thus his singing and dancing ability, no words are needed. Indeed, Jaejoong is the Perfect Man who does anything and everything with ease.

But, even to this Jaejoong, there is a weak spot — that is the sports done with balls. He is famous among fans to have little in terms of sport skills. Jaejoong indeed also acknowledged, saying: “I play a chaebol in the drama but even chaebols are due to have things which they are not good at. I portrayed it in a heodang manner. It is the same in real life. In particular, I cannot do sports involving balls. The drama portrayed it as if I was skilled, but I do indeed have aspects of being a heodang.

To this, Yoochun explained: “I feel that perhaps it would be better if Jaejoong truly refrains from showing himself playing sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, and such. But he does have a side to him that gets over those lumps with charm, and so instead of getting the feeling that Jaejoong is unskilled, it is fun, moment by moment.

On the other hand, JYJ released on the 15th of last month their first Korean-language album In Heaven. They plan to hold solo concerts—on October 26 in Barcelona, Spain, and on November 6 in Berlin, Germany.

Source: Segye Ilbo
Translation Credit: JYJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment