[News] Rookie actor Kim Shinwoo’s friendship with the JYJ members

Rookie actor Kim Shinwoo (27) recently revealed his friendship with the JYJ members.


I’m close friends with JYJ’s Yoochun and Jaejoong,” said Shinwoo. “We see each other at least two or three times a week. I met them through a mutual actor friend, they’re really great. They monitored my scenes in the drama and texted me comments about my performance.

Shinwoo says Yoochun even threw a party for him when the drama ‘Athena’ ended. “Yoochun really took care of me because I wasn’t invited to the official ending party for ‘Athena.’ Sometimes, I wonder if he is more mature than I am,” said Shinwoo. He also added, “I owe them a lot. I’ll work hard and become an actor everyone can be proud of.

‘Athena: Goddess of War’ may be called the gun fight drama. But thanks to that gun and role, actor Kim Shinwoo has shot up to stardom.

During his appearances in episodes 16 through 20, he neither had any impressive lines nor close ups but he says, “my hearts beat so fast just at the thought of working together with great actors like Cha Seung Won and Soo Ae.”

‘Athena’ was his first drama and he had even quit college in order to become an actor; he is the typical type B personality.

Not that I’m impulsive,” said Kim Shinwoo with a laugh. “I majored in industrial design but I dropped out because I didn’t think that was my path. I was even on a scholarship but there was no way I could study when my mind and focus was elsewhere. Was it become I kept shooting myself in the foot? I felt totally comfortable acting in the gun scenes.

After quitting school, Kim Shinwoo enrolled himself at an acting school in Seoul, where he learned voice delivery and reading scripts for over a year. “I really wanted to act, so I visited a play crew. I felt this exhilaration whenever I stood on stage, and felt that I finally found my place,” said Kim Shinwoo.

Kim Shinwoo also revealed that his father was a child-actor, who starred in various black and white films such as ‘When the dream blossoms.’

I think my father opposed me on becoming an actor because he knew how difficult the path is. But now I get to fulfill the dreams that my father couldn’t,” said Kim Shinwoo.

Source: Newsen
shared by: allkpop
share

No comments:

Post a Comment