[INTERVIEW] Lee Heewon: Perhaps Because JJ Received So Much Love, Extraordinary at Acting Cool ^^

Actress Lee Heewon,who played Jaejoong’s secretary in Protect the Boss, gave an interview. We translate the excerpts on Jaejoong. 

[Interview] Protect the Boss Lee Heewon. “Mr. Jaejoong’s Fans Actually Gave Me Support.”

Photobucket

On October 31 the actress Lee Heewon paid a visit to the main building of Max Movie. She appeared as the elite secretary who assists Kim Jaejoong in the SBS drama Protect the Boss that recently finished in the midst of popularity. When questioned whether she worried about the eyes of the fans while collaborating with a popular idol member, she was relaxed: “On the contrary, I even received presents asking that I protect him well. My role was to assist him and so I was not worried.”

Q: You took the role of Kim Jaejoong’s secretary in the drama. I am curious as to the ease of that collaboration.

Because it was a role that did not have much movements but rather one that assisted, tailing him and bringing him paperwork, when we filmed the atmosphere was one that was extremely serious. My personality is actually very mischievous and so I wanted to laugh and to play pranks but I could not. (laugh) I think we had an easy time collaborating.

Q: Was there any aspects that were difficult in acting with an actor with singer origins rather than a full-time actor?

Actually I think I had more worries like that in my previous project, Playful Kiss. I played a person who had feelings for Kim Hyunjoong. I thought about whether the fans would not take kindly or whether they would become jealous. However, back then I was supposed to like him, but this time I was supposed to support him and so to be frank I did not have any fears. While doing this work, I even received letters from the fans of Mr. Kim Jaejoong. It said “please protect Kim Jaejoong with all of your effort” and it had cosmetics for the body. (laugh) It was good that I was to support him.

Q: In terms of acting experience you are senior to Kim Jaejoong. Did you give him any feedback on acting?

I am also in the position of learning and so I do not think I am fit to point out (faults) to anyone else. (laugh) Because there were such great sunbae-nims who came onto the drama, those sunbae-nims gave him advice. Further, unrelated to just when one begins to act, there are those persons who are good even if it is their first time acting and those who do not improve even if they act a lot. Mr. Jaejoong had some aspects that surpassed mine, even though it was his first time. I think that we have different assets.

Q: What were the aspects of Mr. Kim Jaejoong which surpassed yours?

I don’t know if it is because he received just so much love, but it seemed that he was extraordinarily good at acting cool. (laugh)

Q: I knew your role to be one that had feelings for Kim Jaejoong but I don’t think it was shown very much in the drama. There were no incidents and so I was disappointed.

In the synopsis also it says that I should not make it known at all. They told me not to show it almost at all and so there was no choice but to let it be that way. In any case it would have been better if there were scenes in which I made my feelings known, I do feel a bit longing in that aspect.

Q: What was the atmosphere like on the filming set?

Choi Kanghee has a great personality and Ji Sung also is truly nice. The colors that they have are different but I think they melded in together well. Jaejoong has a bright/sunny personality and is quite mischievous. We all played pranks on each other and the atmosphere was warm and bright. As such, there are many scenes that changed. There are a few that were originally differet but changed in upon seeing two play around with each other and saying: ‘oh, that’s pretty good, shall we do it that way?’ The person who had the most humor was really Park Youngkyu sunbae-nim. He was the mood-maker on the set.

Source: MaxMovie
Translation Credit: JYJ3

Please do not remove, alter, or add to the credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment