[NEWS] 120311 What were South American fans’ reactions when they met Kpop stars JYJ?


Reporter: On the 9th [local time] JYJ’s concert in in Santiago, Chile was held. It was here that I met fans that were almost more passionate than fans from other parts of the world. They were filled with emotion after meeting Korean singers for the first time. Here I will introduce the fans’ first impressions of meeting them.
▲ Monica Sanchez (21-Bolivia)

Last Saturday we came from Bolivia to Santiago in order to see JYJ’s concert. When we listen to JYJ’s music and when we watch their performance videos we gain hope. I especially like the dances where they ask fans to participate/follow along. Compared to only watching their performances on the internet, the live performance is like a dream. Even though we were waiting outside all night long, the thought that we are able to see JYJ keeps us from feeling tired. Because JYJ came to South America, I am very thankful. After the Chile concert, in order to cheer for the boys, we plan to go to the Peru concert as well.
▲Ariana T. (23 yrs.)
As I still am not able to earn a lot of money, I saved for weeks. I was narrowly able to pay for the concert ticket and transportation. However, never in my mind did I think that I’d be able to see my favorite singers in Chile. If they had come to Argentina that would have been better, however the fact that I am able to see them at all makes me content. I hope we create good memories here at JYJ’s Chile Concert.
▲Allison R. (24 yrs.)
I knew that the day would come when I would be able to greet JYJ and Koreans. Thus, I began to learn Korean. Though I am not able to speak it well, by learning Korean I am better able to understand JYJ’s lyrics. [Wearing ‘Always Keep the Faith T-Shirt] Like the words on the T-shirt , believing in JYJ–in the future I will continue to believe in them and will always love them. The fact that we’ll see their performance makes me very nervous.
▲ Andre B. (19 yrs)
From Sweden to Madrid it takes around 4 hours-and after waiting in Madrid for 5 hours, I took a plane from Madrid to Chile. I spent almost a total of 15 hours on planes to be able to see JYJ in Chile. Though I really love them, the fact that I wasn’t able to seem them perform in Europe was a shame. When I heard that JYJ would be performing in Chile, I raked up a lot of cash from working at my part time job. My dream is to one day sing on stage with JYJ. I’m not Chilean and of course it may be a little risky not knowing the area well, but in order to see the concert it can’t be helped. However, just thinking that I’d be able to see them perform makes me tremble/nervous.
▲Michael Castillo (19 yrs).
The day of the concert is my birthday. JYJ’s concert is the best birthday in my life. Because I wanted to show my thankful heart I waited for three days at the airport for them. I still cannot believe the fact that JYJ are in Chile. The fact that they came makes me very thankful. I’ve been their fan for 6 years. I can’t believe that I’ll actually be seeing them. JYJ gave me a lot of strength. In the future if they continue to come to South America, that’d be great.
▲Makoli (?) P. (25 yrs)
Since Monday I started to sleep right here (near the concert venue). Every day from morning to night I saved my spot. I did not think that waiting four days for them was tough. In fact the feeling that I was close to JYJ made me excited. The day JYJ arrived, there were many people who went to go see them. Since I didn’t want to give up my spot, I had my younger cousin stay and wait while I went to go see JYJ at the airport. In reality, there were too many people who came to see them. I was only able to see them from afar. I still cannot come to grasp with the realization that I will see them at the concert.
▲Yojana R. (25 yrs)
I come from a city up North of Chile. I took a 22 hr bus ride to get to Chile. Because of JYJ, I came to Santiago for the first time. To think that I’d be able to see JYJ makes me nervous. I cannot keep calm.
▲Mariana Q. (?) (21 yrs)
I live in Chile. Ever since 5 years ago when I discovered JYJ on the internet, I have attended many fan events. When I heard that JYJ would be coming to Chile I almost fainted. I was so happy that I cried. It was my life’s most moving event. Even though I am waiting for the concert right now, I still can’t believe that it’s happening.
▲Diego V. (21 yrs)
I came from Chillan, which was 2 hours away from Santiago. In order to see JYJ’s concert, I waited in Santiago since Tuesday. I have been a fan of JYJ for almost 6 years. The members’ performances were really good—especially Junsu’s singing was very fantasy-like.  I practiced singing to “In Heaven” so I sang along with JYJ when they performed. The fact that I was able to sing along with them made me feel good. The truth is JYJ’s concert performance seems like a vague dream. However, it wasn’t a dream but reality. The next world tour I would like see to them perform here again.
▲ Ana Maria (54 yrs)
My daughter was first a fan of JYJ and then introduced me to them. Thus, for almost 6 years both my daughter and I have been fans. JYJ have beautiful voices and sing and dance really well. There is no such group like this in Chile. JYJ always has something that draws us to them. When I see other singer, I get rather tired but whenever I watch JYJ’s performances I never get tired. I can never forget their performances. Before hearing of JYJ I knew a little about Korea. However, after discovering JYJ my interest in Korea became greater. Exactly what kind of country were they born in and what kind of environment do they live…I had that curiousity. If there were no JYJ I would know absolutely nothing about Korean. I also went to Korean school. I like Korean language and their culture. JYJ isn’t just a group that sings. If I compare them to other K-pop groups, JYJ has unique music. It is like a dream that they came and I thank them for coming.


SourceSports.khan.co.kr
Trans by: Buniustyle of JYJ3
Shared byJYJ3
Please do not remove without full credits 

1 comment: